The National Center for Health Workforce Analysis (NCHWA) is charged with estimating the supply and demand for health workers in order to inform decision-making around health workforce investments. The NCHWA has several projects underway (at various stages of completion) to produce detailed workforce projections for key health professions, and to produce projections for most heath occupations (cross-occupations projections) over the next several years.
1. Clinical Specialty Projections (Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants): December 2012
2. Nursing Workforce Projections: September 2013
3. Oral Health: October 2013
4. Clinical Specialty Projections: October 2014
5. Allied Health: October 2015
6. Nursing: October 2016
7. Cross-Occupations Projections: 2013 and 2014